What we Believe
The Biblical basis of our beliefs
- Our foundational objective, when practising the Christian healing ministry, is the restoration of God’s order in a person’s life.
- We believe that God’s order can only be established from the teaching of Scripture (the Bible).
- Our starting point is therefore the Bible and in particular what it says about Jesus Christ and about living as a Christian. Undergirding our understanding of the Bible, we have the substantial body of historic church teaching.
The significance of those beliefs
- The Bible provides the foundational principles and guidance for the activities of every Ellel Ministries Centre.
- True Christian healing can only be achieved by the acceptance and practice of what the Bible teaches.
- In seeking to help people to a place of wholeness (a journey of restoration from woundedness, of reconciliation to God from rebellion, and of obedience from resistance), we necessarily have to be truthful about the reality and consequences of what the Bible describes as “sin”.
- Misrepresenting or disobeying what the Bible says is harmful and a barrier to healing. We therefore need to be open about what the Bible says and the need to honour it.
Barriers to healing
Below are some important Christian beliefs/practices (which, if denied, can be barriers to healing). It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of Christian theology (something more comprehensively covered in the summation of the many courses provided at Ellel Ministries centres).
- Proclaiming that belief in Jesus Christ, His death and His resurrection, is the only way we can be reconciled to Father God. John 14:6
- Confronting beliefs, behaviours or life-styles which are sinful, and therefore damaging. John 8:1-11
- Seeking what is pure and of good repute. Philippians 4:8-9
- Encouraging wholesome and edifying conversation and behaviour. Ephesians 4:29
- Accepting the order and value of the ‘traditional’ family. Ephesians 5:22 – 6:4
- Endorsing God’s created order (being distinct but complementary) for male and female. Matthew 19:4; Genesis 2:24-25
- Marriage being a life-long covenant between one man and one woman. Matthew 19:5-6
- Sexual intimacy being only permissible for a Christian believer within the covenant of marriage. Hebrews 13:4
- Embracing and growing in the fullness of our God-given identity, including our innate, biological sexual identity. Romans 12:1-2
- Using our bodies only in the way that God designed them to be used. 1 Corinthians 6:18-20
- Loving the truth. 2 Thessalonians 2:9-10
This statement is intended to express the overall Biblical standpoint and aims of The Christian Trust, and its work through Ellel Ministries International. These are the Christian beliefs we hold to, and in accordance with which, we minister. See also our Statement of Faith.
By coming to an Ellel Ministries Centre, for either training or personal ministry, you are agreeing to do so within this framework and accepting the authority of our position on these matters.