Apologies for a mistake in yesterdays devotional. The writer was Joan Rono and not Peter Horrobin.
I was recently thinking about the international Grand Prix for motor racing. The cars are given so much attention before the big races to bring them into the very best condition for the demanding challenge ahead. Engineers investigate and record every detail of the cars inside and out to see if anything needs adjustment or repair. The investigation is carried out not to criticize the value of the car but simply to best prepare it for the next important race.
We are so much more important than a formula one car! God wants to bring us into increasing wholeness and freedom for the race He has prepared for us to run. He knows that our spiritual fitness is very important. If we are willing to look with truth at the inside condition of our lives, He is very willing the carry out the necessary repairs. He is ready to convict us but He will never condemn us.
Here is a suggested ten-point personal diagnostic check-up, together with references from the Maker`s manual:
1. How is our personal relationship with Jesus today? John 21:15
2. How is our personal relationship with others in the Body of Christ? Mark 11:25
3. Are we willing to let God bring (possibly) big changes to our beliefs and lifestyle? John 15:2
4. Do we truly believe that God loves us and deeply values us? Zephaniah 3:17
5. Are there unresolved issues of guilt or shame in our lives? 1 John 1:9
6. Are there places of wounding that still give significant pain? Matthew 11:28
7. Are there areas in our lives that seem to be more under the control of the enemy, rather than Jesus? John 8:31,32
8. Do we have teachable hearts? Matthew 11:29
9. Is our following of Jesus active or passive? Matthew 14:29
10. Are we living in reality with ourselves, with God and with others? Luke 22:31
Prayer: Heavenly Father, give me the courage to sometimes take a moment to look with reality at the spiritual condition of my life, so that I can allow You to bring more wholeness and freedom for the special destiny of my life. Amen.
Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship. Provided full acknowledgement is made to Seeds of the Kingdom as the source, you are also welcome to use it in a non-commercial way and reproduce it in magazines or other Christian websites. The copyright for any commercial use of the material remains with Ellel Ministries International.